seedling development stage
- plant structure development stage
- related: seedling growth in Solanaceae
- related: seedling in Arabidopsis
- A sporophyte vegetative stage (PO:0007134) that succeeds the seed germination stage (PO:0007057) and terminates with the development of the first adult vascular leaf (PO:0006340). [source: POC:curators]
- This terms is used only for seed plants, although non-seed plants may have a comparable phase during which they produce juvenile or transition leaves.
Back to top