coleoptile emergence stage
- plant structure development stage
- related: 0.3 coleoptile emergence from seed in maize
- related: BBCH growth stage 09
- A sporophyte vegetative stage (PO:0007134) during which the coleoptile (PO:0020033) emerges from the seed coat (PO:0009088). [source: ISBN:3826331524, POC:curators]
- Occurs in Poaceae and some other monocotyledons. May occur simultaneously with coleoptile emergence from the growth medium. The actual point of emergence from the seed coat (PO:0009088) may not be observed if the seed (PO:0009010) is underneath a growth medium. In a fruit (PO:0009001) with a persistent pericarp (PO:0009084), emergence from the seed coat may not be observed. If the fruit is a caryopsis, the dry pericarp is fused with the seed coat, and emergence from the pericarp is simultaneous with emergence from the seed coat. This terms is used only for seed plants.
Back to top