sporophyte vegetative stage
- plant structure development stage
- related: A vegetative growth in Solanaceae
- related: A-vegetative stage in rice
- related: vegetative in Arabidopsis
- A sporophyte development stage (PO:0028002) that occurs during the interval between the first division of a plant zygote (PO:0000423) and the formation of a sporangium (PO:0025094). [source: POC:curators]
- Succeeds a plant zygote stage (PO:0001097). A sporophyte may begin to senesce or die from other causes before producing sporangia. Developmental vegetative growth (GO:0080186) can also occur during the reproductive stage.
Back to top