non-vascular leaf initial cell
- plant anatomy
- exact: célula inicial de la hoja no vascular (Spanish)
- exact: 非維管束葉の始原細胞 (Japanese)
- exact: non-vascular leaf initial
- An initial cell (PO:0004011) that is part of a gametophore (PO:0030018) and gives rise to a non-vascular leaf (PO:0025075). [source: PMID:19303301]
- In Physcomitrella patens, non-vascular leaf initials arise from the daughter cells of a gametophore axis apical cell. Subsequent division of a non-vascular leaf initial establishes a non-vascular leaf apical cell.
Back to top