floral organ meristem development stage
- plant structure development stage
- related: stage 1 flower in Arabidopsis
- exact: 1 floral meristem visible
- A floral organ formation stage (PO:0025585) which begins with the development of the floral organ meristem (PO:0000229) from a portion of meristem tissue (PO:0009013) and ends with the beginning of the floral organ primordium development stage (PO:0007602). [source: PMID:2152125, POC:curators, POC:Laurel_Cooper]
- During this stage, the process of floral meristem growth (GO:0010451) occurs. This process is defined as the increase in size or mass of a floral meristem, a population of undifferentiated cells in a plant that gives rise to a flower.
Back to top