floral organ differentiation stage
- plant structure development stage
- related: 3 floral organ development stages
- related: stage 6-12 flower in Arabidopsis
- A floral organ formation stage (PO:0025585) which begins with the differentiation of floral organs (PO:0025395) from the floral organ primordium (PO:0025477) and ends with the beginning of the flowering stage (PO:0007616). [source: PMID:2152125, POC:curators, POC:Laurel_Cooper]
- During this stage, the process of floral organ development (GO:0048437) occurs, defined as the process whose specific outcome is the progression of the floral organ over time, from its formation to the mature structure.
Back to top