- plant anatomy
- exact: portion of root primordium tissue
- exact: primordio de raíz (Spanish)
- exact: root primordia
- exact: 根原基（可視的） (Japanese)
- A primordium (PO:0025127) that develops from a root anlagen (PO:0025433) and is committed to the development of a root (PO:0009005). [source: ISBN:0521288959, POC:curators]
- A root primordium may arise from cells of a pericycle (PO:0006203) in a root in most seed plant (pericyclic lateral root primordium; PO:0025492), from cells of an endodermis (PO:0000252) in ferns and some seed plants (non-pericyclic lateral root primordium: PO:0025493), or from cells of a shoot axis (PO:0025029), in the case of a basal root primordium (PO:0025479) or shoot-borne root primordium (PO:0025480). Transition from root primordium to root occurs with the formation of a root cap (PO:0020123), shortly after the development of a root apical meristem (PO:0020147).
Back to top